Our son is now 16 months old and I have been accumulating this lissince he turned one. I feel like there is a significant shift in the things you need or that are helpful from 0-12 months and 12 months on.
These ten items have been helpful/great for us over the past 4 months and hopefully they are for you too!
- Shape Sorter– It’s time that your little one begins to understand shapes,colors and numbers more. Getting toys that gets his brain working is needed at this stage.
- Sleep Sack – we have been using sleep sacks since 4 months old and upgraded Tucker to the 12-18 months size around his birthday. I love these and so does Tuck .It gives him a sense of comfort and no worries for mom and dad at night with loose blankets.
- High Chair – I love love love our high chair we got for Tuck. It’s not bulky, It’s minimal and its all he needs . Also- extremely affordable – Why are highchairs so expensive?
- Push Toy- This is great for his/her’s motor skills and they love it. Tucker’s push toy is the classic lawn mower that as you push it produces bubbles. We are on a huge bubble kick right now so this is a favorite of Tuckers.
- Utensils & Plates- I speak to this one because I have a favorite brand that I buy all of Tucker’s utensils and plates from. This company makes all of their products from recycled milk jugs and is completely Eco-Friendly.
- Umbrella Stroller- You may already have one of these, but we ended up getting one around his 1st birthday and WOW- what a difference it makes carrying that around compared to the ones you get that the car seat attaches into . We have the JEEP umbrella stroller. Its durable and has a one hand fold which makes it easy when it is just Tucker and I out and about.
- Music/Musical Instruments – Around 12 months or so, Babies really pick up on Music and rhythm. Tucker got a drum set for his 1st birthday that he loves and plays with all the time. We also allow him to hear all types of music and he as of recently understands the idea of dancing.
- Teddy Bear/ Stuffed Animal – Now that they are at an age where it is okay to sleep with stuffed animals, we started introducing a couple of differet stuffed animals each night for Tucker to sleep with and he finally gravitated towards one of them and that is his new friend! I have heard wonderful things about this one too.
- Books.books books. If you do not already have a good stash of books for toddlers – begin collecting them. Since 15 months, Tucker has been in a obsession with bringing us books to read. We love it and it is such a fun stage. If we didn’t have alot of books, we would be reading “wheels on the bus” around 50 times a day. We just rotate them out for him!
- Slip on Shoes – They are at the age of walking now so having tennis shoes or shoes with grip on the bottom is important. I orginally bought Tucker Tennis Shoes that tied and it was very quick that I was searching for slip on sneakers instead. For the sake of just getting out the door, these worked best!
I know this list is an accumulated list of alot of random things, but these are the items I have found neccesary in the last 4 months since Tucker’s 1st birthday. I am sure items will be added as we continue on to year 2 .